We all love our EVA foam floor mats and craft foam. They’re readily available at hardware and craft stores, they’re cheap, and they’re easy to work with. Sometimes, however, we might want something a little bit more refined. That’s where L200 foam comes in!
L200 is a type of EVA foam that is more raw than our craft sheets and floor mats. The great news? You can now order it online from Foam Mart in large, uncut rolls! You do end up paying a bit more for this handy material, but there are many advantages:
- L200 doesn’t have any texture on either side, no need for removing it.
- In my opinion, this is the biggest advantage over floor mats.
- L200 comes in a variety of thicknesses and colors.
- 1″, 3/4″, 1/2″, 1/4″, and 1/8″
- Black or white
- The sheets are gigantic (48″ x 72″)
- This is amazingly helpful if you’re building large/long armor or prop pieces.
Some other considerations:
- Unless you live near a distributor, you’ll have to get it shipped, which means additional cost and waiting for delivery.
- It is slightly more flexible than most EVA floor mats and craft foam sheets.
- The rolls are gigantic, you’ll need a place to store it while you build.
Will L200 replace my coveted floor mats? Not completely. I bought a 1/2″ and a 1/4″ roll for my Destiny Titan Armor costume to try it out and I like it very much. I will probably buy a big stock of it for whenever I’m planning a big armor build and rely on locally sourced mats and sheets for my normal day to day use. The upshot is that this is a premium material that’s worth checking out if you plan on doing a lot of foam armor creation! Get a roll to play with today!